Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Oodles and Oodles of Yum!

Hi All!

So the past few days have been filled with lots of experimenting in the kitchen, a little bit of gym going, and yet, more much needed cleaning. Again, another cleansing thing I like to do a couple times a year is take everything out of all of my dresser, and my closet and see what fits and what I should donate. I ended up with a few donation bags and a lot to put away for summer. It feels nice to have my special places neat and tidy, and of course, to lend to the greater good.

Speaking of which, guess what?! My dear mother has decided to join me on my cleanse of toxins! It makes me really happy. The other day, I made me own variation on this shake. It turned out superb and even with a lot of hemp, Mom loved it (at least that's what she told me). In place of the hemp seeds I used flax because I couldn't find my hemp seeds in the freezer.


On Sunday I also had a most wonderful kale salad. I began with a base of purple kale marinated with 2 t of Udo's oil, my new love and then added a chopped carrot, a few plum tomatoes, celery, cukes, and some raw pickles along with some more of Gena's cashew spread. To die for along with a few macaroons!


Guess what?! Later that day, I went to whole foods and as a present, or a reward for use after the month of January my dear mother bought me this cast iron pan. I can't wait to use it! It's really exciting especially once I find my true balance of raw and cooked [all vegan] food to sustain for life.


Look at some of the other goodies I got for my wonderful energizing, purifying, cleansing month:




To be clear, that's hemp seeds, a refill on my fav vitamin D, aloe vera juice that I am super excited to use tomorrow morning in a smoothie, buckwheat groats, and pepitas. Of course I got a bounty of produce as well, but you'll see that in my recipes. Speaking of which, I marinated some Brussels sprouts before I went to the gym today, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for my new creation to be revealed. As for dinner last night I kept it simple with dressed cucumber noodles, kalamata olives, some more kraut, and a spiralized carrot. I filled the rest of my tummy with half an avocado with sea salt and lime juice, and you guessed it, a macaroon (which are almost gone by the way).
Afterwards, I went on to make today's lunch with consisted of collards with cashew spread, arame, celery, carrots and dried cherries. They were wonderful, but personally I think you can make collard wraps with just about anything.


These were great, but I invited you to get in touch with your creativity, explore your kitchen and see what you come up with, after all, that's what a chef must do right? I've noticed that I have had tons of energy which I think is from a combination of the yoga I began my day with and all of the wonderful live food I have been nourishing my body with. I also finished the book I was reading today, which is good.. but now I have to start something new. We'll see. All in all, today was a good day and surprisingly getting back into the swing of things wasn't very difficult. Ta ta for now friends, until tomorrow we meet!
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment