Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Much More Galore!

Today is all about new recipe creations! I've perfected (finally) my favorite new green smoothie. I call it: Baby Green Smoothie. It goes a little something like this:
4 large leaves Kale
1 frozen banana
1 c almond milk
1 c raw Tahini
1 T hemp protien
1/2 c frozen mango

give it all a whirl!



Now, onto this week's secret ingredient recipe:

Pleasant Persimmon Pie
(I realized that after I made this I probably should have used a little bit of Irish Moss, but that's why there's always next time right?)
Filling:
11/4 c young coconut meat (about 2 coconuts)
2 c chopped persimmons (about 3 small)
1 T cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t sea salt
1 T Meyer lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
 Blend in a vitamix until verrrrrrrry smooth
Crust:
11/2 c walnuts
10 dates
2 T coconut oil
6 prunes
3/4 c pistachios
1 T Meyer lemon juice
2 t sea salt
mix in food processor for a long while (it takes a little elbow grease)
garnish:
chopped rosemary
goji berries
nutmeg
Assembly:
Push crust into a pie plate (lined with parchment paper) using your palms (might take a while). Pour filling in. Garish as your heart desires. Chill overnight. Put in freezer for 15 minutes before serving. Not any longer or it will freeze
Serves 8-10


 This morning I had one of my favorites: I juiced 2 grapefruits and one orange and added some frozen cranberries for color
 My cookies came out wonderfully. They were kind of a spur of the moment thing but Dan loved them which is always good... the chocolate chips definitely sufficed.

I got to see my dear friend Rachel today, which is great, you know always there and those wonderful shinanigans. She got to watch and eat all the food I made, and I got her approval.


As for the rest, I will be having a pleasant rest of the weekend.. I think taking a break is very necessary. What else do you have in store? What ever it is, bring love with you.

2 comments: