Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our Own Truths Always Come From Within

I realized that after reading a few of Taylor's quotes, and from my own intellect, that what is right for us always must come from our hearts, our intuitions. Through only myself have I come to the realization of my necessary balance of raw to cooked [all vegan] food. I realized that Kris is definately right about the 80/20 ratio. Although right now I am slighly on the extreme, I know that in my heart, that is where I will land.


As a little bit of a celebration with myself, I made 2 recipes from the Babycakes Cookbook [all gluten-free and vegan]. I made the chocolate cupcakes, and the chocolate shortbread scones with caramelized bananas.
Here are the cupcakes that look more like muffins.
And above are the scones, which I ate 8 of yesterday.... a tad off balance, but hey, what can ya do?


I also made a stew with the slow cooker like I told you about ^.
This was green lentils, lima beans, black beans, red beans, quinoa, cabbage, carrots, sweet potatoes, and a whole bunch of home-made broth.

This was an awesome smoothie of banana, romaine, mango, and coconut water. YAY!


And last but not least, some twice baked potatoes I decided to try. This was literally 3 sweet potatoes, roasted until soft. The insides were then scooped out, mashed and put back in the shells and I roasted them for about 15 more minutes. Perfect and simple! That's what I'm all about right?


All in all, I like to being back to experimenting, but I'm giving my recipe development a little bit of a rest for now so that I can work towards my other goal of making every recipe [with my alterations] in all of my vegan cookbooks that I own.. this is a life-long goal of course.

Anyways, mind-spirit-body balance is a wonderful feeling and I am trying to embrace it as much as I can.

What empowers you?

Namaste!
Xo

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so need to pick up Babycakes cookbook. Your chocolate cupcakes look yummy, so do the scones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's a great cookbook, I've made every recipe except for the drinks :] (so far)

    ReplyDelete