Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

PB&J: And You Thought It Was Just a Sandwich

Although I yearn strongly for summer, the weather has been fairly kind to us lately, and everything will come in due time. I know I just need to remember, one day at a time, and live in the moment.
Anyways, this week I've been really into making cookies considering I have told myself that I will not buy any more pantry items until I have used everything (unless something is extremely imperative). That has been doing me well because it has forced me to create new recipes. These above I call chocolate trail mix cookies. They are basically Earth Balance, cocoa powder, dried fruit, oats and nuts. They were perfect.... but sadly I ate all of them in two days. Woops!


I found this sucker in the back of my pantry and decided to make some cookies for my neighbor. Of course, I kept them vegan and used Earth Balance for butter and flax for eggs. They loved them, which of course brought a smile to my face.


Here they are after cooking. By the way, I ran out of parchment paper, and after I have used all of my pantry ingredients, I will reward myself with a silpat, which is great motivation. I was going to wait until then also to buy my kitchen compost container , but considering I haven't been able to compost for some time due to fruit flies around my old container (a plastic cereal box), I think this is a little needed. 

Here was a quick dinner of daiya, lentils, grilled veggies, and cucumbers.


This was a great tofu dish I made when I mixed the end of the peanut butter, and fig pear jam together and then covered the tofu with that. It actually worked quite well if I do say so myself.


Here it is fully plated.


My last cookie creation this week were "peanut butter and jelly cookies." These consisted of the actual rest of the peanut butter and jam, oats, a bit of brown rice flour, oat, and raisins. Some pals loved them. These bad boys aren't gone yet.


I haven't set a deadline for when my pantry shall be empty, but I'm shooting for two weeks, because I plan to be as raw as possible for the summer, although we'll see how that goes when I am in Arizona (staying with family), and then in Israel (on a group trip), but I'll manage as best I can. As for living in the moment, the future greatly excites me, and although we all may have that bit of fear of change, I am also excited to embrace the new, and all that comes with it.

Have beautiful days.
Namaste!
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment