Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

More Experiments

"Maybe being overwhelmed is just what happens when the Universe is delivering everything you want, but you’re just not ready to receive it yet." (unknown).

I've been really "overwhelmed" lately what with all of these silly little obligations... but I know that everything being thrown at me is positive, what I need it to prioritize...

That's where tea comes in!  

I always love tea. No matter what time of year. Can you read the quote on the yogi tea? It says "Noble language and behaviors are so powerful that hearts can be melted." Sweet.


These came in handy, I didn't know what I was going to do with them, but they found there way into my cornbread (see below).


Here are the kale chips I made, from Averie's recipe which you can find here.


I finally got around to using my lovely trusty Green Star again, and boy, am I thankful for my green juice, oh how you sustain me!

 I completed a goal of mine this past weekend, which was to make my own banana bread recipe! YAY! This one is GF, and vegan. I call it Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread. Recipe to come soon.


Here it is again, with ground almonds throughout (that's the white). Basically it's dehydrated almond pulp throughout.


I had this simple smoothie this morning of frozen bananas, hemp protein, cherries, and almond milk.


My homemade fresh cornbread... that's where the edamame snuck in!


And if I do say so myself they worked quite nicely.


Oh how I love my broccoli, there is some TVP underneath, which I am not a huge fan of because it has gluten, but which I got for free, so why not?

And another broccoli dish with carrots, daiya, and lentils. Simple is the way I like to keep it.


I've realized that when my living spaces are clean, my mind feels cleaner too, so I think I shall do some cleaning now. The good thing is that I have a lot of pride for the two new recipes that I created in the past few days. That's all for now, and I look forward to hearing from you and to sharing my new experiments with you all again soon.

Namaste!
Xo

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, thanks for making them and mentioning me!

    and you have a green star, cool! I can hardly clean out my Breville which is why i almost never juice..ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're awesome, the batter is similar to the batter for making the raw chocolate chips in Matthew Kenny's book "Everyday Raw"

    And yeah, I absolutely LOVE my green star! It's a bit of a pain, and was a huge splurge, but I think it was well worth it. I had two other cheaper ones, but both of them broke, and the pulp was really sloppy, and this pulp is dry so it's easier to work with.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete