Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Listening to the Heart


I named this post as "listening to the heart because I know that the mind is a separate component from the heart, and the body. Often our minds lie to us and tell us not to do what is right for us. I say that I "listened to my heart" and my body for that matter, a lot this week because I completed two of my biking goals this week. The first was 10 miles and the second was 16. I had destinations in mind and my next goal (back and forth) is 28 miles, but I'll have to do that on a Sunday. I've also been really listening to my heart because I went to yoga on Sunday which I have been putting off for a while, but it was much needed, and I've decided not to buy anymore cooked food and use what I have and then go as raw as possible (at least for the summer, and I don't plan on being strict) and then I will buy raw ingredients rather than cooked counterparts. In January, when I was 100% raw for that entire month I felt wonderful, and now slowly I will bring it back.

The beginnings of lentil sprouts.


A socca sandwich (which helped me use all of my garbanzo flour).


Simple banana and nut milk smoothie with cinnamon. Yum!

 Pumpkin socca.


This was the meal the hotel served me at a family event. At least they tried (rice, beans, and squash), they made a little bit of effort to cater to "the vegan" as they call me although it does not encompass all that I am, but whattareyagonnado?


Gena's Chia Chai Pudding with bananas.


Banana soft serve with the organic strawberries that were on sale for $1.99 at whole foods! Gotta love one day sales! (although they're not local, but I'll sacrifice).


Another socca sandwich.


Shake with this awesome hemp infusion.


My reward after biking 8 miles to Organic Garden to prepare me for the 8 miles back, and to have for lunch today possibly.


And lastly, my finished baby lentil sprouts! Maybe I should plant a few and see if I get microgreens. Hmmm...



Anyways, more on my endeavors later, but for now, just know that your heart always tells you what is right.

Namaste!
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment